Tuesday, June 18, 2013

White Inspired

To inspire: to affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence; To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion

If there is anything I love about owning a house, it is the freedom to decorate and design in a way that is perfect for me and my family. When B and I bought our home a year ago, I knew, in general, what I wanted our home to look like...I knew this because of all the items that inspire my taste. 

One of the most inspiring aspects of my interior is the color (or lack of) white! I love everything white; white dishes, white bedding, white cabinets, white paint. It is slightly ironic that I love the color white and the natural feeling it provides. My whole life I've loved color...bright colors.... yellows, greens, pinks, corals. My first car was even bright yellow!!!! However, there is something so calming and refreshing about the color white in a home that truly makes it hard to pass up. 

source

White with natural elements (lavender & wicker)
[picture from Pinterest]
White on White {source}

White doesn't have to be an insane asylum...it is simply a blank canvas to allow textures, prints and natural elements to stand out. It takes the focus away from the walls and places it on the important parts of a room...the people in it! 

White creates a sense of calm that makes a room super inviting. It provides a peace for the mind and the eye...the perfect feelings after a long stressful day. 
white walls and cabinets {source}

Some people feel that white is too difficult to manage, but if handled properly, white can be work for any family. It doesn't have be used in 100% of your home, but including white will bring a crisp, calm and finished look to any room.
so natural {source}

     I guess the important thing to remember when decorating and styling is to "be inspired"...by something! Be enlightened, enthused and creative! 
                                                                   ~G 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE white. Unfortunately, I have a black puppy that sheds...lots! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie~ I can totally relate to the dog thing! We have 2 dogs and they definitely leave their mark of hair everywhere! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete