Sunday, December 2, 2012

Brian's Cooking

Since Brian and I moved into our house, I've been much more consistent with cooking dinner at least 3 nights a week. I really do love to cook, try new recipes and most importantly, I love to eat! I really enjoy the whole process of cooking and I especially like it when I have a yummy product. 

Usually, I am the designated cook at my house. Brian doesn't really love to cook (unless it's on the grill). However, with our schedules this year, he's had to help out in the kitchen more. I'm working on my master's degree, which requires me to be at class until about 8:45pm two nights a week. I hate it!! I'd much rather be at home, running, cooking and relaxing, but "you gotta do whatcha gotta do". In an effort to not eat out as much, Brian has to cook( put food in the oven or on the grill) on my school nights. When he first started, the results were a little subpar. But let me just say...he is getting better at following directions...ha:) Each week, I try to think of recipes that are VERY simple or casseroles I can put together before work that can be put in the oven. 

Last week, he cooked some pretty awesome meals...so I promised B that I would write about his cooking in my blog...your welcome! 

Broccoli and Chicken Casserole
Ingredients: Chicken, Broccoli, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Ritz Crackers, Cheddar Cheese
Baked in the Oven for about 25 minutes


Sweet Baby Ray's Pulled Pork Sandwhich
Ingredients: Boneless Pork Roast, Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, salt and pepper
Cooked in the crock pot for about 10 hours. 
Chicken and Veggie Skewers
Ingredients: Chicken Tenderloins, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms,
Marinade: Italian Dressing  & Soy Sauce
Cooked on the Grill
Now, I know these are not "gourmet" meals, but HEY the man is cooking (and helping with dishes)!!!! I'd say thats a WIN! Seriously though, I'm grateful that my hubs cooks for us in an effort to help me! He's so supportive and for that I'm eternally grateful! :))) 

                                                                                           ~G

2 comments:

  1. go Brian!!! Ben loves to cook and i have majorly slacked ever since being pregnant! i jsut promised ben that i would be better in 2013- but i still love it when he takes over dinner :)

    ReplyDelete