Thursday, December 27, 2012

bluffton

I <3 Bluffton!!!! Last weekend, Brian and I went up to Bluffton, South Carolina for the weekend. Brian has family that live there and ANY chance we get to visit, we enjoy the trip. His aunt and uncle hosted a wonderful Christmas party on Friday night with all their friends of Hilton Head...it was great see and meet so many wonderful people. 


Their property is absolutely fantastic...It sits right on the bluff, with beautiful salt water marsh! The tides are incredibly drastic there and this particular morning was low tide. I could sit out in the backyard all day long overlooking the beautiful natural scenery. This day it was FREEZING!!!!!! Brian and I bundled up to walk down the dock and we were able to snap a quick pic....selfie :)
up close and personal :) 
One of my very favorite parts of his aunt and uncles house is the "game" room....and by "game" I mean WILD game! B's uncle is a huge hunter and this room is a montage to his hobby. This is only half the room...wish I had my new camera to shoot some of the awesome features of this room....TRULY INCREDIBLE! That antler chandelier...I mean ReAlLy?!? 



I love a good front porch swing, so I forced Brian to take a picture out there. It was a such a beautiful day... nothing beats a relaxing morning on a front porch swing :) 

Bluffton is only about 20 minutes from Savannah, so on our way home we stopped by to do a little eating and shopping (the two do go together, right???) We were able to stop by some of very favorite shops while in Savannah. I've never been to Savannah during Christmas time. It's so awesome to see all the stores decorated so perfectly. I love The Paris Market & One Fish Two Fish...I also found this awesome antique store called the Corner Door. I could have spent all day picking up little treasures...I'll be going back, once all the Christmas decor comes down. 

The last time we were in Savannah, a local recommended the Crystal Beer Parlor for lunch...so we decided to stop by there again. They are known for their local brew and awesome burgers! My fa-in-law got this "Cheeseburger Club"...a little raw for my taste, but HEY, it still looks good :) My burger was HUGE...with grilled onions & grilled mushrooms...mmm...so good!  


Any weekend trip is a nice get away. I love getting to spend quality time with my husband and family and friends. I really do love Bluffton and Savannah and can't wait to go back and visit soon! 


Feel free to comment at the bottom....or consider "following" me by clicking the button the right hand side of the page! 


                                                                                             ~ G


2 comments: