Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On the Run

As you will soon figure out, I do most of my self reflecting while I'm running. I have to love to run!! It is a stress reliever, weight management strategy but PRIMARILY I run to mentally unwind. Now don't get me wrong, it has not always been easy. I am very comfortable running with a buddy. I love to chat while I run and I tend to not have a much of a filter while I'm out there (whoops). I've had several running partners throughout the years...and some of the greatest friendships come from spending time on the road. This summer, one of my running partners got pregnant and due to personal issues decided against running during pregnancy...well that really stunk for me :((( Here I was again learning how to run by myself with me and my mental games. I tried running with my husband (we LOVE spending time together) but inevitably every time we ran together one of us said, " You wanna race????". So...that didn't last long. 

Well all this to be said, I'm finally learning how to push through my mind games and truly reflect while I'm on the road. Using the "alone" time to challenge myself in all areas, physically, mentally and spiritually. BUT....then again.....anyone looking for a running partner???? 
                                                               **Always remember we live because of HIS Grace, 
                                                                                                               ~G

1 comment:

  1. I would run the 3 mile bridge loop with you if I were there =(

    ReplyDelete