Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Believe In Auburn

As I've mentioned before, my husband and I are die-hard Auburn fans. Brian graduated from there in 2007, while I attended Samford University in Birmingham ( I liked to think I earned an honorary diploma from AU). We love to go up to games as much as we can and when we can't we always watch the games on TV. We proudly fly the Auburn flag in front of our house and say "War Eagle" when we see a fellow fan. 

Needless to say, the 2012 college football season has not been one Auburn's finest. As a matter of fact, we are 1-6 (uh makes me want to throw up just writing that) for the first time in 60 years. I find myself getting so frustrated watching them play...just want them to pull it out! B even jokes that he is taking down the flag and putting up our high school flag. 


(sorry for the bad quality)
I think the thing that separates a true fan from what they call a "band-wagoner" is that true fans still love their team even when they are 1-6 or 0-12. You are fan because you know what the AU symbol truly stands for, not players on a field, but class, integrity, honor and sportsmanship. George Petrie, writer of the Auburn creed said it best, "...and because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and Love it!" So, I guess I need to just be happy that  we won the national championship a few years ago and know that "there's always next year". 
                                         WAR EAGLE!
                                                         ~G

                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                

5 comments:

  1. Well said Gracie!! I have my Auburn Creed posted up at my desk and I read it every day! WAR EAGLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd is taking this year a little tough. I told him it's a good thing that Florida is doing well because when Auburn was awesome in 2010, Florida wasn't that great. As long as one of our teams is doing well, we can enjoy football season. We had at least 5 games on our calendar to travel up to Auburn for and haven't gone to any! It's so much fun to tailgate in Auburn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can relate! At least we have FL/GA to look forward too!

      Delete