Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all!

As much as I love traveling and being on the go, some of my favorite weekends include staying close to home and catching up on all the small things around the house. This weekend was just that. Friday night was our high school homecoming, so of course we had to go:) I have a special place in my heart for FridayNightLights and no matter how old I get, I still enjoy watching my high school play ball! It brings back SOO many memories being in those stands and watching the cheerleaders flip out onto the field....MAN, I wish my back would still let me do that :)) 

Saturday, we worked around the house, but specifically in the backyard. We have a substantially large yard, and although it is wonderful, it is a headache to maintain. When we moved in, the massive flower beds were filled with weeds and overgrowth. We've spent over 3 months working to clean them out. Hopefully, I will have some finished product pictures to share soon. 


The weather was absolutely beautiful here this weekend and I had to take advantage of the free day to go to the pumpkin patch. Our neighborhood's pumpkin patch is pretty large! There were sooo many pumpkins to choose from :) I always think it is funny how particular we are when trying to pick out a pumpkin. We searched the entire patch looking for the "perfect" pumpkin! After a little hunting, we finally found it, just round enough, no "nasty" patches and a good stem. Before we left, I just couldn't resist the precious little "spookies" as they call them.
There are so many "funny" shaped pumpkins! 

YES ...I made him take this picture:)) 



I'm so excited for fall now, that I couldn't help but make a trip to my local garden store and get pretty yellow mums and a bail of hay to decorate my porch. It is still a work in progress (need to plant the flowers and get a few more), but I love that it gives our home a little fall character. 
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE FALL?!?!?! I seriously think I love everything about it! Pumpkin flavored, well, everything, cool weather, college football, changing leaves ( not really in FL, but ya know what I mean), jeans, boots...the list goes on! What is your favorite thing about this time of year?? 

Happy Fall Y'all! 
 ~G



1 comment: